Saturday, January 3, 2009

Looking forward to 2009!!!

I always do this. Yearly as in. As if I could keep up all the times that I failed/succeeded with my New Years resolution. But this is time I want it to be different and do something that I can achieve but with great impact. As if it's like..."less force, more impact"

1. I want to do something that I've never done before.
It's been my dream to do exciting stuff in this lifetime. As of this moment, I only wanted to do three things, and when I'm through with it, I'll plan three more. YES! First, I want to do bungee jumping. Ever since I saw the one of the movie specials from National Geographic channel, I've wanted to do it. I've received comments about me, my weight and the rope not capable of carrying me. Ha-ha! Second, I want to do sky diving. Even just once! It's like something that I'm not sure I will have the guts to do but I've been wanting to do all this time. Third, is scuba diving. I love the life under the sea. It's so amazing to see and imagine being there. I've tried snorkeling, and if I can borrow Edward's line from the movie Twilight, "it's like a tofu, but it I'll never be fully satisfied."

2. Learn to play musical keyboard and give Alex a CD with me playing.
He gave me this casio musical keyboard yearssss ago and still I have not learned how to play it. I tried to self study but time is against me. If I wanted to give the CD as my anniversary gift to Alex, I will do it. Even to enroll in music class. Courage and time management!!!

3. Be accountable to my friends and people.
I feel like I'm not that accountable to my friends. Sometimes, I set myself invisible in YM.
(sorry guys...) See? But that's when I'm at work. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! Bad Ruthie... So this time, I'm always available, but my status now is either Kain Muna or Blogging All Along...hehehe

4. Go to places I've never been to.
I often do this, almost every year. At least once. I go to place/s I've never been to with my friends from L2S_MOC. I hope this year we will go to Caramoan Island in Camarines Sur. But how about out-of-the country stuff?!

5. Loose 20-30 lbs this year.
Now this is something I have to really work on. No extra rice when eating. I'll try to do this gradually. Attend exercise classes and no more excuses.

6. Diligently attend church service.
This is something for my soul. But since I failed to attend consecutive Sundays of the week, I was having a hard time going back. I'm shy to my cell leader and to HIM. But I'll try to go back soon!

7. Avoid complaining about life and love...and sex. Except work to my boss (it's my revenge!)
I hate grouchy people, but I can't help being one. I'll try my best not to and act instead of grouching except when it comes to work and my boss. I somehow feels good when I do that to my boss. There's a fulfillment in a different...weird way. You know!

8. Be a more loving daughter, sister and girlfriend.
There's nothing wrong when you're always loving more. The world needs it! All it needs is LOVE.

9. Will not miss birthdays of my friends and love ones.
I hate this part of my weakness. I tend to forget birthdays. I really hate it. Solution? To have a reminder, either on the Calendar or Outlook.

10. Earn more. Spend less.
Hey! I've been doing this since I can't remember when...but sometimes I tend to spend more than I earn. Should I give examples? Hahaha. I know people close to me will tell me that I deserve it. Do I?

11. Learn how to swim and drive.
It's more for survival than anything else...

12. Get married?
This is something beyond my powers...

3 comments:

me said...

ruth parehas tayo! kelangan na nating makapagpakasal hahahah! teka, wait...
hindi sa isa't-isa ha! kelangan ko na maghanap at kelangan mo na tutukan ng shotgun si jun!

ruthie said...

hahaha...ano beh?!?!?

bat shot gun wedding itich! hehehe

oh dont forget,

1

2

3

boyfriend...

bwhahahahaha

evil laugh

sadako said...

Get married?

teka naguluhan ako dun ah. akala ko me asawa ka na at anak? tapos nagcocomplain ka sa sex? hahaha

tsk tsk naintriga tuloy ako. lumabas ang pagiging tsismoso ko. mahaba habang chat ito friend haha