Friday, January 9, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

"Life isn't measured in minutes, but in moments."





I love the tag line of the latest movie from my ex-boyfriend Brad Pitt, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. The recent movie that I've seen and the latest movie that impressed me. From the end credits, it says there that the movie was and adaptation of a short story by a guy named F. Scott Fitzgerald. And this short story is about a man who was born in his eighties and ages backwards.

The movie started with this wrinkled old lady lying on the her deathbed and was with her daughter whom she asked to read a diary from a man called Benjamin Button. The story then started when a baby was born who liked like he was in his 80's at the end of World War I, in 1918. Then the story follows as how we see Benjamin's (Brad Pitt) life unfolds, as what he wrote in his diary and later on as what Daisy (Cate Blanchett) recalled on his later life up to his death.

I will not put any spoiler in this post, I just want to share what I felt after seeing the movie.

It made me realized that nothing really lasts and that you have to make sure that you make most of what you have, or you don't have. Make every second of your life counts. Treasure your loved ones. Be happy. Be contented. Love as if you have not yet loved. Be loved in return. Live life to the fullest.

As for the movie/actor: Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett's chemistry on this movie is amazing. No wonder my younger sister commented that it's lucky that he did not have an affair with the actress (referring to Angelina Jolie from Mr & Mrs Smith when he was still Jennifer Aniston). It was funny in a way that she said it. All of the actors in this movie shined in every line they delivered. Great screenplay and great directing. I love the cinematography and the texture of the movie. The makeup people did a very outstanding job. Now, I know how will Brad Pitt will look like when he was older. :P And look at how they made him into this tiny little old man, crunched in his wheel chair, I wonder how much did they have to spend doing all of the CGIs. It was really very good. The movie score is something very notable too. Very good. The length of the movie (nearly three hours) is something that fits the movie. If it's shorter, I would have felt lacking...so it's just right.

After watching the movie, I felt like I want to google Benjamin Button's images from Google HOSTED Life to check if there's really someone like him and then see him age younger every year. You'll never know, maybe this story's based from a true life...

1 comment:

sweety said...

Yes, it's a great movie, a bit sad, I'd say, but nothing doing - it's our life... It is already available at rapidshare, thus if you want to have this movie for your home collection, here's the link for movie downloading.